Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Story mapping thoughts

 The class and I did some story mapping utilizing GIS or Geospatial Information Systems. This was way more challenging than I anticipated, and I think because of my difficulties and considering they may have experienced the same challenges, we all did pretty well.  There are so many advanced GIS websites that we viewed, that I feel like ours were more educational based than mapping. We all seemed to have equivocal maps and matching historical info, so I believe they compare well to our beginner's knowledge and for that, everyone deserves credit. But If I had to choose the best map out of all the maps the students implemented into their mapping, it would be the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami of 2011, as there is a ton of data on the map, and it's the most appealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unit 16: Final thoughts and suggestions

The ending to this chapter is definitely a bitter-sweet one. This class was extremely fast paced, however I learned so much useful informati...